Wednesday, April 16, 2008

House guests and Birthday!

My brother Michael came to our little condo last Saturday night and stayed with us until last night. It was so fun having him with us. I loved cooking dinner for Chris and I and not having tons of left overs we could never finish. I realized what a difference it was to add one more person. It was great! Thank you Michael for visiting us and playing with Chris! They talked business a lot, but they also had a lot of fun.

Today is my birthday. My sister in law Kristin posted a happy birthday post to me on her blog today. So sweet! She even put up pictures of Chris and I. How cute is that? Thank you Kristin! So many people called and texted me, thank you so much. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to everyone....but here's why....!

I went to work this morning and they had signs on my desk. Then flowers were delivered from my sweet hubby. I loved getting flowers delivered at work!!! Then work gave me cake, truffles and peanut m&m's...my favorite. They even sang happy birthday and it was great. :)

Chris picked me up from work and we went straight to our destination. I haven't even been home yet. We checked into this lodge by the beach....so cool! Had dinner at this great Italian restaurant with an ocean view. Then came back to the lodge where they had a jacuzzi on their roof! How awesome is that?? Through the evening I kept being handed gifts from Chris. It was so fun. Just when I thought the surprises were over they kept coming. Chris planned this wonderful night for us and it's been incredible. One of my favorites moments was when we were in the jacuzzi. We talked a little about when we met and how crazy we were for each other right away. Then he started talking about his mission and we spent the rest of the time just getting to know each other more and opening up to each other. I loved it!!

More to come later....

3 comments:

Hizzeather said...

Happy Berfday baby!

Sorensens said...

Happy Birthday Carly, have a great day.

Happy Family said...

Ok, that is my kind of birthday. how do you feel about an overnight babysitting job sometime in November?
I am glad that Chris is such a romantic. You deserve it.