Fact: We have sat down for dinner at our kitchen table thrice since we've lived here.
Once when I got excited about a nice dinner, once on Valentine's Day, and once when we had company.
Fact: All four chairs are wobbly and beyond tightening.
Fact: It's honestly too small to use as a real kitchen table anyway.
Fact: I have been insistent on the fact that we will have a kitchen table in our dining room! (Yes, even after the pre-mentioned facts were realized.)
LAST WEEK
Chris: "We should get rid of the kitchen table."
Me: "What?" No."
Chris: "We never use it anyway."
Me: "...I know."
Chris: "None of our neighbors have kitchen tables. They all use that space as an office."
Me: "But what would we do without a kitchen table!"
Chris: "The same thing we do now."
Me: .....
Chris: "I really want to get rid of that table. You can't even sit in the chairs."
Me: "I spent $50 on that table!"
Chris: (With excitement building) "Let's put our desk in that space and our small couch! It could be a cool hang out place!"
Me: "And just throw the table out?"
Chris: "Yes please."
Me: "Can we do that? Do people do that? Who does that? Is that normal?"
Chris: "Let's just try it."
Me: "Okay, but let's not get RID of the table yet, I'm not ready to let it go."
TODAY
Fact: There is a small couch and desk in our dining room.
Fact: The table now sits in no man's land - between the kitchen, dining room and living room.
Fact: It's really all one room anyway.
Fact: We don't ever use the couch or desk that we put in place of the table.
On the upside: The table is now being used. It holds the mail, my purse, glasses, candles, my scriptures, and anything else I set down when I come in the front door. The chairs are also used to hold my work jacket and Chris' tuxedo shirt.
Oh boy. We need a bigger place.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Our Kitchen Table
Posted by Karly at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that's funny. this post made me think about my first kitchen table and had sad and pathetic it was, it was free. But when we moved we decided to sell it and someone actually bought it. crazy. um, i just wanted to tell you that i LOVE the way your blog currently looks. It makes me very happy.
Hi Carley, really cute blog, I like it! Funny Story I think we were kind-of the same way, I love my kitchen table now and we all have to have dinner together every night on it.
Haha... funny! You can't get rid of it... you might NEED it someday. Then you'll think- dang! I wish I still had my kitchen table!!! PS LOve the new background!
it was so fun to hang out last night...thanks for coming over! i hope we "passed" as cool couple friends because you KNOW we analyzed our behavior after you left :)
You guys are so stinkin cute. What a funny story!
Post a Comment