Saturday, June 7, 2008

Universal Studios

It's been a week since I went to Universal, but I haven't had the chance to post all the details. So here goes!


I am so lucky...I got 2 free tickets to Universal through my work, and it included a little complimentary breakfast as well at the Hard Rock Cafe. Chris had to work last Saturday, so Heather came with me. Little did I know that Heather has been dying to get back to Universal and was sooo excited to come. Yay!

The breakfast was better than I thought. I made a little croissant sandwich with eggs and bacon. Yummy. I didn't finish all my food though, but Heather sure did. I guess she has good judgement when dishing up her plate.

We walked through City Walk first and then right into the park with our tickets. (So nice not to wait in line either.) The very first thing we saw was the "House of Horrors." Okay, for those that know me, this is the exact thing I spend my entire life avoiding. I hate getting scared, probably what I hate most in the world, so why would I even think about going into something like this? Well, much to the surprise of my husband when I told him later, I practically skipped and jumped my way through the front gates of the House of Horrors.

Thinking back on it, Heather and I were so excited to be there that I probably would have done just about anything the moment we walked in to the park. Too bad the first thing was this!
Are you wondering how scary it was or if I'm just hyping it up? Oh goodness. I CAN NOT express to you the horror that went through me for a good 10 minutes. Maybe a lot longer, who knows. After getting scared from the get go and screaming really loud, Heather says, "these guys make movies, they know what they're doing." Later I laughed about that, but at the time she was right on. I got so freaked out at that place. People jumped out of curtains, came out of dark hallways, we walked through some of the scariest rooms ever created. I had my hands covering my eyes for most of it. But unfortunately that probably prompted the scary people to just scare me more. Heather and I were quite a team, she might have screamed louder than me. I couldn't breathe so I really couldn't scream as loud. 2 girls going through the House of Horrors. Not a good idea.
One last thing on it. When we rounded one of the last corners a worker was holding a flashlight so we could go up some steps. I asked in a very frightened voice..."are we almost done??" He said we had 2 rooms to go. I counted the 2 rooms down until I could see the light to the outside. The last 15 feet though consisted of Heather screaming into my ear, hearing footsteps, and not sure what was going on. (Remember I had my eyes covered) We were being chased! We got chased out the doors into the middle of the park. We ran far, far away from that place. We laughed about it for a good 10 minutes, but I think inside both of us were still a little scared. :)

The rest of the park was better than I remember. They have a lot of new attractions. I loved the new Simpsons ride. So cool! I got a little motion sickness though. I can't handle that stuff like I used to. :)

Heather took this picture of us on the ride. She got in trouble for it...but here it is. :)

The mummy ride was my 2nd favorite. It scared me a bit when they had images of bugs crawling on the walls, and then little air spurts at your feet at the same time. I kept kicking my feet up and feeling like bugs were crawling all over me. Even though I knew it was fake, it just seemed so real!

We of course got Dippin' Dots ice cream. It's my favorite! I wish they sold it at the grocery store.

We also did the tram tour. That's classic. They have a lot of new sites too. Like the neighborhood from War of the Worlds. That is a real airplane that they destroyed just for the movie! Cool huh? It all looked so real.



The next day, last Sunday, there was a fire at Universal, and the King Kong studio was damaged. Good thing we went the day before and saw Mr. Kong before his tragedy.
Here's Heather on the tram, I know it looks like the tram is speeding a long...

Below is the King Kong set. They never had a real boat, they did all the filming on this area from this one set. Cool huh?

Shrek 4D was also fun. They had water spray on you and air pockets in your head rest and by your feet, so it was definitely entertaining. Here we are in our hot 3D glasses.


It was a perfect day. We did all the attractions we wanted to and then left to make it home for a wedding reception. Julie caught the bouquet!



Thanks Heather for spending the day with me!

5 comments:

Kristin Ann said...

HOw fun! BTW.. they do sell dippin dots at the store now :)

Aubrey Messick said...

What a fun outing. I think the last time I went to Universal Studios was when I was 10. Its time to go back for a visit. Oh, and your hair looks amazing. You look HOT! :)

Hizzeather said...

What a fun day...let's go back! But no House of Terror this time!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

LAURA and ELIZA said...

OOOH! I love Universal Studios, but I have to say...I L-O-V-E Dippin' Dots more!

Mollie said...

So much fun. Carlos and I went in February and we got season passes. We can't wait to get there to be able to use them. Carlos is SO excited for the Simpson's Ride!!!