Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 30 birthdays!

Today is a big day for birthdays.

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom. I woke up this morning and immediately looked at my phone. After being upset that I was getting up so early I saw the date and smiled to myself...it was my mom's brithday! Work was so crazy that I didn't get to call her until 6pm this evening, but my dad definitely took care of her today. She didn't want to make a big deal out of her birthday, but I know she got what she really wanted, (even though few of us know exactly what that was. :)
My mom is the most humble, gracious and selfless person I know. Everything that I am today I owe to my mother. I know that she would give anything for her family, and that alone makes her the most amazing woman I know. I just hope that I can be the same kind of mother that she was to us.

She is also an amazing grandmother. My mom has been such a fantastic grandmother to the triplets, you can tell how much she loves them just by how she talks about them.



This is on our New York trip. I definitely get my skin and blood from my mother. I think she was the only one in the whole state colder than me on this trip. But she was such a sport, we were all bundled up walking around the freezing city in the middle of winter, but I never heard her complain. (This is us squished inside a little buggy on the back of a guys bike...awesome!)


This was at my BYU graduation.

This is my mom and I on the first day I tried on wedding dresses. This is the dress that I ended up selecting for my bridesmaids. My mom was so amazing with the wedding planning. Not only did she have so many great ideas and handle everything so perfectly, but she stayed calm with me and helped me relax in such a stressful and exciting time! I remember the first time Chris came over to my parents house for dinner (the 2nd time they ever met him). My mom and I went upstairs and she almost had tears in her eyes when she told me how much she loved Chris. She could tell that we were perfect for each other, that I was the happiest I had ever been, and that he treated me so well. But even better, she approved and loved him as well. She gave me a hug and we both squealed a little, it had only been a week, but both my mom and I knew that this was the man I was going to marry. A moment I will never forget.

My niece Cambria turned one year old today! Little Cambria is so adorable and cute and I only wish I saw her more often. I love reading Cara's blog and seeing updated pictures of Cambria. Here are some of the adorable little girl!




Next is Debbie! Debbie turned 28 today and we celebrated by going to dinner. Chris came and was the only guy, but he was a good sport about it. Debbie has been an amazing friend. She is a fantastic interior designer and did the best decorating for my bridal shower that I have EVER seen! Debbie is so kind and so funny, she has the best laugh and is so great at making everyone feel included. I love Debbie!
Here we all are around the dinner table.
Our group by the fountain...
And here is the birthday girl!

Happy birthday everyone! Until next year...

0 comments: