Friday, July 18, 2008

Memory Lane

I like this memory thing I've seen on lots of blogs. So thought it'd be fun to try. Some of you have known me FOREVER and others only a few months, and others not really well at all. So this will be fun. I hope you all play, even if I've only met you once or twice.

I pretty much know that Laura or Morgan will say something about not touching my food.(maybe the time you guys spit in my ice cream at mutual and didn't tell me? Huh?! )

So here goes!

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I have had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! 2. Next (if you choose to), re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

15 comments:

KRISTIN BELL said...

My first memory of you is almost exactly 1 year ago when we met at Hannah's surprise 16th B-day. YOu were so quiet and so incredibly beautiful....I was totally intimidated by you and was worried you would think I was the biggest weirdo because I was 7 mos pregnant and dancing like a maniac with Chris.... Glad I didn't scare you away!

Hizzeather said...

hmmmm...My first memory of you is when you checked me in to the hotel. I was living there when I first started. Then we worked a few graveyard shifts together and I was so glad because I could actually learn from you, as opposed to Felix who is great, but I just couldn't figure out what he was doing. :)
My favorite memory...that's hard, because there are so many...fun Marriott times, your wedding, hearing your wedding night story (BEST story ever), Universal Studios, and tons more. But I guess the times I'll remember most fondly are just hanging out, watching a movie, watching you and Chris interact so hilariously, usually eating Golden Spoon...those are always good times! :)

LAURA and ELIZA said...

There are lots of memories about us, OBVIOUSLEY! The nights in the trailer was the BEST! I loved your German pancakes. I remember how hard it was to get your mom to let me play on your peach and white roller skates and then when I did as I was skating down Vanderbilt I slipped and fell. And the most hilarious of all was when I did a spit yo-yo just to bug you and you threw up (or did you just dry heave?) Oh yeah! And then when Heather and I ate out of your ice cream at the bowling alley when you went to the restroom and didn't tell you till months later. HAHA! Oh Karly! We've had some good times! Oh by the way, it was MOLLIE!!!

Morgan said...

Just to satisfy your prediction, I remember when we were at your house and you had Lucky Charms and I just wanted one little tiny marshmallow, but you would NOT let me reach my hand into the box. You absolutely insisted on getting me a bowl to pour my marshmallow into. Another one was at girl's camp one year and we had lasagna. You LOVED it, but Chelsea Christensen either didn't like it or she was full, so she plopped her portion on your plate. Boy were you ever mad! But I don't think she knew about your food-touching paranoia. Or the time that Michael took a bite of casserole from the dishing spoon and put it back in the casserole and you had to go get a new spoon and you dished yourself from the other end of the pan. Or matching socks! I remember that your socks always had to match; not just be the same kind or the same color, but they had to feel the same on your feet. Oh, how many times were we late to school because your socks weren't quite right! I also remember that I always had to put your alarm clock in the bathroom when I slept at your house because I couldn't stand the ticking! Still can't... And finally, I remember when we had crushes on each other's brothers! Oh, young love! Boy, were we ever ridiculous about crushes in those days, huh! All-consuming really big secrets that I just shared with the virtual world! HA!

Eldredge greatness said...

Karly????????????? do you honestly think that im pregnant again? LOL... I dont think you do but...yah. I probably wont have another until we are completely established. It might be 3-4 years. I hope not but probably, I dont think I could handle another pregnancy so soon. But yes when I have another I love those names. any way. Hey Im teaching lesson 13 our of the Joseph Smith Manual on Sunday and was hoping you would share some insight on Obedience. Anything come to mind that you would share? I'll be checking my blog tonight. thanks. love ya Karly.

Eldredge greatness said...

oh... my first memory of you that comes to mind is us in the hot tub at my house and you made up the song: I was falling for you. and the choreography we did. LOL....good times!
as you recall:
You were out late last night
you were driving in your car and you said youre alright
you got in a car crashed and were bruised in every way
by your bedside this is what I have to say.
You can do what you wanna do.
you can say what you wanna say.
In every way,
i was falling for you!
LOL.
Your moms "barf Bars" or "all day bars". Ray up the street. Our recordings on the tape players... ahh...I love it. "pea-Pod"

MamaT said...

Let me see, first memory...I remember meeting you for the first time in my brother's apartment at BYU. Nothing unusally funny, but there were many funny things that happened for the duration of our roommate experience and we ended up knowing some mutual friends like your brother being in my ward. Forgive me but I have to share just one other funny story...

We were going downstairs the complex, heard a noise...as quietly as possible we checked out what was going on, only to find that there was a guy next to a car (who we thought was breaking into it). Being girls, we were scared, called the police, and had some other guy come with us (can't remember who). We finally get the nerve to approach the stranger, turns out that he was trying to fix his already broken window, and we had to tell the police it was a false alarm. Walking upstairs we passed some other guy with a gun in the back of his pants...strange things do happen in Provo.

By the way, Kevin should be getting back to normal soon. Let's get together sometime. Maybe lunch or dinner in the next 2 weeks.

Katie said...

Do you remember when Tara, you and I all dyed our hair? Yah, mine turned out dark purple on the ends, and light purple everywhere else. And... I remember when you were totally addicted to chapstick, and I got you a bunch of them for your birthday. You are awesome Karly, good times.

Megan said...

My oh my... I remember going to see minority report with you and then being too scared when I got home because everyone was asleep, so I called you and came and slept at your house... I remember you not sleeping with out your little black fan, is that still around? I remember being a squatter at the spider apartment and sleeping on the floor between you and Tara...I remeber top ramen and food storage potatoes.. yum! I could go on and on! Love to reminisce...

Jessica Munk said...

Discussing the need for bangs and the fear of getting rid of them!

Lisa said...

Okay, I just have to say that I love how pretty much every1 so far has posted about one of your funny little quirks. Here's another one. Well, I don't know if it was a quirk or if you were actaully cold, I don't think I ever figured it out. But one of my first memorys of you was during freshman orientation and we were doing some service project raking leaves or weeding a garden or something and it was like 95 degrees, being Utah at the end of August. Everyone's sweating in their t-shirts and there you are wearing a SWEATSHIRT! I was like, what's with that girl? And everyone chalked it up to you being from California...though I don't buy it. So what was the real reason huh? Did you have embarassing arm hair or something?? Also, I know how much you love to spell check everything so I annoyingly misspelled some words in this for yoo.

Cara Rigby said...

I remember meeting you for the first time just a few weeks after Cambria was born. I was so nervous! Chris talked about you all the time and everyone else had met you except for me. You and Chris came to stay at our house and you were so nice and excited to hold the baby.

Gerritt Atherton said...

Hey Karly, I can remember being at some kind of family reunion at Uncle Dons. Or maybe I was just visiting, it was a long time ago so it’s sorta hard to remember. But basically I was bored so I went upstairs, by myself, and started to play on the N-64 (The Old School Nintendo System). I don’t know how long I spent upstairs, but you seeing me all by myself came in and started to play with me. That is the first memory I can think of, but thx for not leaving me alone and being an awesome cousin.

Leticia said...

My memory with you is being your Beehive advisor...You always listened so well to the lessons and asked insightfull questions...You even wanted some teaching props to take home from one of the lessons I taught...You have a great smile...and are fun to be around!

Sidenote:
Can you let Kara know that I can't access her blog anymore...I have tried...she needs to give me access...
Thanks a bunch!!!

Tara said...

I think a lot of my favorite college memories include you. I think my favorite was our random last night discussions (sometimes with Matt) discussing everything and anything. Looking back I sometimes think I was crazy for staying up that late and then getting up at four. Honestly though, I wouldn't trade it for anything...you're the best!