Saturday, January 26, 2008

Christmas Parties in January

The Marriott where I work has a huge holiday party every year. But unfortunatly we host so many other holiday parties for every company in the month of December, that we're too busy to have our own. So we have to wait until the middle of January for ours. And last night was finally the big day.

The best part of the night is the food, by far. For those of you that don't know me very well, I love to eat! And I love good food, there's no shame in that. Some may wonder how I keep my girlish figure with how much I eat...but that brings me to my next point. No girlish figure here! I think all my late night snacking and yummy steak eating has caught up to me. Here's my proof.


First off, Chris and I walked to the hotel for the party. Our new apartment is just behind the hotel, it's awesome! At first we got in the car, pulled out of the car port, and then Chris said, "what are we doing?" To me I was like...duh I'm in a dress with high heels, we're driving to the hotel. But the option of saving $10 on gas to drive around the corner won. Stupid gas prices.


So we walk, not bad. I did good for a girl in high heels. It was probably the good food that awaited us that kept my stamina and good spirits up.


The first thing we do is go into a room where we got our picture taken by a professional photographer. Then later in the night I snuck out of the event to go find our picture after it was printed. I looked through the table of pictures until I found ours. The second I looked at it I grabbed it and ran, hoping no one would see me. I didn't want someone to see it in my hand and go, "oh you got yours..let me see." So I ran to find Chris at our table as he was eating dessert (amazing dessert by the way). He took one look at the picture and said what was on my mind the whole time I was running away from the photographer's room. We looked fat! I'm not even kidding. Chris even laughed and agreed that I, his loving, beautiful wife that he's supposed to be attracted to forever...looked fat!

Chris hadn't buttoned the top button on his dress shirt, so his tie wasn't tight. The guy also got at a weird angle from us where we had to turn our heads around. Add that to the bad lighting and all those cup cakes I had eaten the day before...and you got what I will look like when I'm pregnant and what Chris will look like if he keeps playing that new Playstation 2 he just got! There might be some of you in doubt, and I'm sorry that I won't have the picture to show you in the future (it's already found it's new home in our new, shiny, black trash can). But take both of our words for it, we didn't look so hot. Chris kept looking at me and saying, do we really look like that?? I kept saying no, but then I'd turn to the side and go, "but do we??" Haha, we got quite a few laughs from it. Of course only to ourselves, we didn't show anyone. But it definitely made us question if we were so googly eyed with each other that we didn't notice each other putting on a few pounds! :)

So just to be sure, we had a friend take our picture with my camera. So here is the one we took ourselves. I think I have the most handsome husband in the world...shaved head and all, what a cutie!! I'm so in love.

4 comments:

Megan said...

You guys are not fat... maybe the photographer had some tricky lens that morphed the angles...or something. Hurray for holiday parties in January. I say, stretch 'em for as long as you can.

LAURA and ELIZA said...

FAT?! HA! Not even close! I was actually just looking at your picture the other day and I thought, "Ah! I want to be as skinny as Karly again!" LOVE YA!

KRISTIN BELL said...

You are so funny... I know the feeling though. Being in love and twitter pated took a toll on our figures too. ;)You both look great!

Whittney said...

Karly, I was so excited to find your blog! You guys are so not fat, not at all! Brett and I BOTH put on weight and still haven't gotten rid of it. You guys are such a gorgeous looking couple, you'll never have to worry about it!
Whittney Crockett