This is my first post. It's funny how I was so excited to start this blog. I had it all up and running before we even got married. But now that we're married, I haven't found the time to actually post anything! Chris just left the house to go buy some dessert (we had a craving), so I have 15 minutes to post until he gets back.
The past 3 weeks, we've tried to have Family Home Evening together. It is important to us to have it every single Monday night. But last night's was the first real one. (The other ones were pretty sorry attempts.)
We were given a Family Home Evening book for Newlyweds at the wedding. So Chris picked one out. It was a scavenger hunt where we each went around the house and found 10 items to represent things like: ourselves, our engagement, our honeyoon, our strength as a couple, our future, etc.
So Chris went first and finished in like 5 minutes gathering his items. I went next (while he sat on the couch with his eyes closed) and of course took like 15 minutes. I kept changing my mind and trying to find the perfect thing.
But when we came together something amazing happened. We took turns explaining our items and relating them to ourselves and our marriage. On the 2nd one I was already teary eyed. I looked at this man and I felt like I had been married to him forever. It's hard to remember the time when we weren't together. What a wonderful night it was. We sat next to each other on the couch, made each other laugh and also cry. After we were done, I was overwhelmed with how much I love him and how blessed I am. I thought also how wonderful Family Home Evening is. I felt the power of it and how much it will bless our family. It turned into an incredible night that strengthened our relationship. I look forward to many more Family Home Evenings in the Cahoon household!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Family Home Evening
Posted by Karly at 10:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awww...cute story! You two are such a good example! :)
I'm impressed! And I've been checking this almost daily waiting waiting waiting for a post! So I just have to say thank you. And don't keep me waiting long for the next one.
We also got that book for our wedding! I loved it.... we have had so many special experiences having FHE with just the two of us. We miss you guys!
How sweet :) After reading your post yesterday Adam came home from work and asked me if we should be having FHE! Thanks for the good example!
From Kara using Jason's identity!
I am so glad you are starting off on the right foot. FHE is such an important thing to establish now.
I wish someone would have given us that book when we were first married! We did not have many ideas when we first started off.
FHE in our household now is almost comedy. Just this last monday night we were talking about the good samaritan and being kind to others and dear little Michael kept talking about Santa! He kept saying that the good samaritan was santa and he wondered where santas hat and suit was in the pics for the story!
Keep up what you have started.
Hey stranger!! I can't believe our lives have changed so much and we haven't even seen each other!!! I love the blog- post some pics please... hurray for married life!
Post a Comment