The other day Chris and I were having some homemade tacos. The tortilla shells are deep fried in oil (healthy I know, but SO good). We put the oil on to heat up and then started talking. All the sudden we heard this insane noise coming from our hallway. It was not a beeping, and not a ringing. I don't think there is a name for it. It sounded like a beep wanted to come out, but sure was struggling. It was the loud, dying sound of our poor fire alarm. It made a few fateful, creepy beeping sounds before dying completely.
We had gotten a little side tracked and forgot about the oil heating up...so we were left in our small, tiny apartment with smoke EVERYWHERE! We opened all the windows and doors, but it was still pretty bad. We couldn't take it anymore so we put some shoes on and went outside. We walked down to the harbor and then back home. Luckily when we got home the smoke had cleared a little. But now we know that our fire alarm didn't work! I'm glad we figured it out now instead of when we really needed it! (And honestly, I'm glad it didn't work. The last thing we wanted was to have our fire alarm go off and all our neighbors hear it.)A lot of friends of mine, and my sister-in-law, have cut their hair way short. I was thinking back when I had way short hair and I kind of miss it. But I've been working sooo hard to grow mine out, that I'm not quite ready to cut it yet. So here is to my short hair I used to have, and my long hair I have now. It's so long!!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Trusty Fire Alarm and some other stuff
One last thing. I thought you'd all like to see what we got in Hawaii on our honeymoon. We were so excited about it. We bought it at the Dole Plantation. We didn't get suckered in to too many souvenirs, but we thought it'd be cute to have something with our name on it from Hawaii.
So we placed this above the door to our bathroom, in our hallway (probably sounds weirder than it looks...) and the pineapple already fell off. So Chris just put it next to the sign, haha. Anyone have a hot glue gun I can use to fix it?
Posted by Karly at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Whoa, your hair really IS long. I love it! Can I see a front view?
Sure... you guys were "talking" when the oil was cooking.
just kidding!
I love your hair long!! But it was cute short too!
ha ha...I have a hot glue gun if you really need one.
Post a Comment