At work everyone was talking about Valentine's Day for the past week. It was a really big deal what everyone was doing. They kept asking me, "what are you doing on your VERY FIRST Valentine's as a married couple??" To me, Valentine's has never been a huge, huge deal. I like holidays and having excuses to do special things, but it hasn't been at the top of my list that I count down to each year. Chris and I talked and also decided that we'd just stay home. The restaurants are too busy and it's just crazy to go out on that night. So I was content having a nice quiet evening at home with Chris, and okay if we didn't make it a big deal.
But then I came home. I walked in the door and Chris had the table set for dinner, little tea-light candles all over the dining room, living room, and kitchen, and music playing. I'm still a romantic at heart and I just melted.
3 comments:
so romantic! isn't being married the best?? ps... did you still those cute glasses from work? just kidding!
My bro is such a die hard romantic!! You can look forward to ooshy-gooshiness for years to come! (he gets it from my mom ;)
Glad you guys had a great day! Good thing he made up for the whole missing your talk thing!
AWWW! That really is so sweet! =)
Post a Comment