So. This may surprise a lot of you, but my freshman year at BYU I was a computer science major. Yes, it's true. I grew up around computers and learning lots of cool secrets from my dad, that I thought I wanted to program them....yeah that didn't happen. BUT, I did take a computer programming class that caught up to me the other day.
I've been struggling with changing my blog because I didn't like the new templates that forced you to have their color scheme. I wanted to chose the background and then chose whatever color I wanted in the middle. Plus, I hated losing all my widgets every time I change the design. There are a few ways to get over the widget problem. But I chose to use my computer programming skills (okay, not very many anymore, but still) to get my way, and most importantly, chose the color I wanted for my middle section.
And I did it! I cracked the code! I went through the HTML code, changed the colors I wanted, and kept my widgets.
This was probably a useless post. But trust me, when I finally did it, saw the outlook of my blog with my nice white in the middle (not that teal that this background normally comes with), I was so happy!!! It made my night. I can't wait to play around with the colors and see what else in the code I can change. And I felt like taking that computer programming class was all worth it. Thank you BYU for a college education that lets me blog how I want to blog. If only that teacher could see me now....and my pretty new blog.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
College education paid off
Posted by Karly at 11:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I was going to tell you I like the blog background. I should have you help me with mine because I'm getting sick of it but if I use that pyzam I'll lose all my widgets so I've been too lazy to change. and I don't really like the digital scrapbook look that you find at other websites, so i'm kind of stuck.
I love the new blog! And I'm so proud of you! I had to go to some girl's blog where she breaks it down step by step to figure out how to adjust mine. :)
I have been meaning to tell you how much I love your background...I almost want to steal it for myself, but I won't! That's awesome that you figured it out on your own. It makes all those lame classes that we take in life seem worthwhile when something like that happens huh?!
Wow, you can DO that!?! Maybe I should take a computer class. That's cool. I love reading your blog and your wedding pics are AMAZING!! So fun to have great photos to remember your big day by! And uh, what's a widget (I really do need that computer class!)?
Morgan
um...can you help me change my new blog?
I have absolutely no idea what a widget is, but I did like the layout of your blog as soon as I saw it. Aunt Darla
Post a Comment