I have to admit that tonight was my first time watching Iron Chef.
Wow was it entertaining. It was pretty cheesy at first, the host seemed a little over the top. But I know that's part of the appeal and the entertainment. The more I watched, the more I couldn't stop watching!
I was so nervous for the challenger. Could he beat the Iron Chef? Or was he going to get crushed by this large Japanese man? I was definitely rooting for the challenger. They were cooking sushi and the secret ingredient was ginger, and I was so impressed! I watched them use tools I've never seen before, and slice and dice faster than I've ever seen before.
The commentators and the instant replays definitely added to the appeal. In the end the Iron Chef pulled it off and won, but it was sure close. It was probably his ginger donut he made! Who does that?
I have to admit that every time I watch a cooking show, Top Chef on Bravo gets me hooked too, I have the desire to sign up for culinary school. I took a cake decorating class while I lived in Provo and I loved it. I didn't end up finishing the course, I moved to Salt Lake before it was over, and I'm sad that I never perfected my frosted rose. But soon I hope to fulfill my dream of being an amazing chef.
In case my friends and family are afraid I've become a TV junkie...it's just that Chris is out of town again. Haha.
My favorite line from Iron Chef tonight was "the battle may be over, but the drama is just getting started."
I think I like this show.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Kitchen Statdium
Posted by Karly at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have never seen that show. I might have to check it out. Hey, are you coming tonight?
where is he now?
I took the cake class too!! Don't worry- I've yet to have a need for my frosted rose.
I LOVE Iron Chef!! Tanner always makes fun of me... I admit it is quite melodramatic. But it is so addicting!! I watch it all the time when he isn't home... Some day it will be Me Vs. Mario Batali! Glad I'm not the only nerd in the family now ;)
P.s. Sorry bout the B-ball game, Chris isn't much fun when he loses! He is really good though and it is fun to watch him play. Can't wait to try out "your spot" I love Italian!
Yeah, thats a fun show! I really only watch it when there isn't anything else on. But I am always thouroughly entertained.
Post a Comment