Sunday, March 30, 2008

Being near the famous, and nearly being famous.

Since my freshman year at BYU I've had 2 "wishes"... to be front row at a Matchbox 20 concert and to be front row at a Laker game.

As you may know, I went to the Laker game on Friday night. It wasn't quite the first row, but 10th row counts as close enough!
Here are some pictures that I took from my seat. I took all of these with my camera, and the pictures still don't really do it justice. Wow it was amazing. It was like a dream come true. I was grinning the whole time and couldn't stop staring at all the players in amazement...because I could actually SEE them! I saw their facial expressions and could even read their lips and hear them yell at the ref!
I also have much more of an appreciation for the NBA players. They really are incredible. I watched them up close and personal as they showed off their skill. I've always loved watching basketball, but this took it to a whole new level. I saw them work for the great shots and yet make it look so easy at the same time. Such grace and skill...and I was able to sit right in front of them and watch it all! Kobe definitely played well, it was so awesome to sit and watch him throw the ball up and land some amazing shots.

I'm spoiled now. I told my dad (who was able to take me to the game. He took a client from work and I was able to snag the last ticket) that I can never go back to sitting anywhere else now. It's either the first few rows, or nothing. Man...it was incredible. My pictures aren't as good as my dad's. He had his camera and got some that look like they belong in a magazine.
So now you all know, great seats at a Laker game is the way to my heart.






















Okay, so after all the buzz of the Laker game, here is my almost famous picture in the Dana Point newspaper. Every year the resort allows kids from different schools to come and do a "job shadow." We teach them what we do and let them follow us around for 2 hours. This year I was lucky enough to get my picture in the paper....sort of. :) You will notice the bellman on the left, the student on the right. And in the middle, behind the bell cart, there's me!

4 comments:

Hizzeather said...

That's awesome! :) I miss Shaun!

Happy Family said...

Kara-I am sooooooooooooo jealous it almost hurts!

Oh, don't know what happened to my other screen name. I need to fix it! No one will know who I am with this one!

Lisa said...

yes! now I can tell people I know someone that was almost famous! awesome seats by the way, i'm jealous. Well, except it was a lakers game, maybe some other team and i would be jealous.

Mollie said...

I am so jealous!!!!! I've seen the Lakers play many times here in Utah, but someday I am going to see them in LA!