Chris' sister and her husband came to visit us on Thursday. They left this morning when Chris drove them down to San Diego for their cruise. (That's the real reason they came. :) It was so fun having them here.
On Thursday afternoon we drove to LA to see Jay Leno. We were so excited that we got a call that morning with tickets. Then someone on the freeway committee decided to close the 710, oh great. We sat...didn't even roll along...but sat...in traffic for a bit. So we missed Jay Leno (so much for snagging those tickets.) We got tickets to see the Bill Engvall show instead. We got to the CBS studio and went to check-in. The guy was like, "are you here for Rock the Cradle?" We're like uh...no. But can we?? He said, "yeah if you want." So we switched and went to that instead! It was pretty fun. We joined a ton of kids that looked like they were in jr. high and high school. If you haven't heard of the show, it's a MTV production that is from the producers of American Idol. Kids of famous singers strut their stuff and sing live on TV. Then America votes...just like AI. Well...we all agreed that the kids on American Idol are so much better. But still, it was cool to be at the taping of it. We sat in the row right behind the judges, so on TV you can see our hands and legs (heads were cut off sorry.) We watched it on TV when we got home and got excited every time we saw a glimpse of our shoulders or the back of our heads. Tanner was wearing a green shirt and I saw him every time the show came back from a commercial break. (Everyone else in the audience was wearing black...including Chris and I!) I saw myself only once and it happened so fast. It was fun to watch them sing live and see the difference from how it looked on TV. Yay for living so close to Hollywood! Chris and I decided we need to take advantage of all the shows more often. We'll make it to Jay Leno next time.

On Friday we first stopped by the Rainbow outlet. Rainbow sandals are GREAT. Chris has a pair but I've always wanted one. Maybe because it was so close to my birthday, maybe because we had company in town...but either way....I got my very own pair. I love them. See picture below, this is me getting them wet so I can mold in to them faster. They take the shape of your feet after you wear them for a bit.

So I wore them all around the beach, but then I noticed this happened. See prime photo below. Chris didn't warn me about this part. See the lines on my feet...and the perpetrators on the right?

It was worth it though...good thing it comes off. :) The new leather is so comfy!
Chris spent a ton of time with his body board in the water, we didn't have room to bring our surf boards. Here he is below catching some waves...well, not in the picture. But he got some. :)

Then he got the great idea to skim board...with his body board. It's a lot harder than it looks! I like this picture of him below. Good job honey!

This next one I love, love. Not only because he is so handsome, but you can see our beautiful home in the background. We love living here!

Another one of my cute husband, sorry. I was the photographer so no pics of me, but he's way cuter anyway.

Here I caught Kristin and Tanner from afar. I don't know if they know I got this picture? I guess Kristin will see this when she checks my blog. :) I chose the best one to put on here.

I need to give Tanner his props. The water was so freezing...I could barely put my feet in. Luckily Chris had his wet suit. But Tanner randomly got up and ran in the water (I think he might have been screaming as he ran? That might have helped motivate him.) He went allll the way out to where Chris was. Ah! He was only out there for a few minutes, and then came back to the dry land. He said he could hardly breath out there...yeah, that's why I only got my feet wet. Too cold for this California girl! Kirstin and I instead got a little sun burned on the back of our legs. Oh well...I'd rather be burned than freezing!
After the beach I ran Chris to work. Then Kristin and Tanner dropped me off at the mall before they headed to Grandma's. I shopped and used a few gift cards I was given for my birthday. I wanted to show Cara and Adam the jackets I bought, because they were sweet and went in on the gift card with Kristin and Tanner. Thank you guys for these cute jackets!!!
When I was at the mall I also got a new Verizon phone. Yay! I got a new chocolate, and my fancy color is Blue Ice. So here it is with my couch as the backdrop. It slides! I love it so far. I can use it for 30 days to see if I like it. That's perfect for someone like me...so indecisive with small decisions!
Friday night Chris and I made our famous tacos for Kristin and Tanner. They were petty tasty! Then Saturday morning they were off to San Diego to visit the temple and then head on their cruise. I hope they enjoyed sleeping on our air mattress in the family room and sharing our one bathroom. It was nice and cozy and sooo wonderful having them here. Thank you for coming!
2 comments:
I love the first jacket and the phone! Sooo cute!
I just got your email (well, got it earlier, but just had time to really read it). I am so excited!
Love ya!
Oooh, I think I need some of those cool sandles.
Too bad you missed Jay Leno but at least you got to go do to something. Now you can officially say you have been on TV!
Post a Comment