When organizing some drawers I came across a "book" I had written in 6th grade for a school project. The teacher gave us blank hardbound books. I colored a pretty mountain scene on the front and titled it "Karly's Life Story."
I read it to Chris today and we laughed over my "chapters. There were definitely some quotable lines, so I thought I'd share them with you all.
From Chapter 2 "My Family":
"My mom doesn't work. She just stays home all day. She loves to shop. My dad teases that she spends too much money."
"We don't have any pets at our house. We used to have dogs and cats and hamsters, but they either died, ran away, were too roudy to keep or too sick to keep. We sometimes come home from school and wonder where our dog or cat was. My mom gives them away, not always though."
From Chapter 3 "Responsibilities & Recreation":
"My mom makes a list with all the days and the chores under certain days, for the whole week. Then I keep it for a long time. Every day on Monday I have the same Monday chores, Tuesday I have the same Tuesday chores, and so on. I hate my chores."
"I don't get an allowance. I wish I did. We used to get allowances though. When my parents were looking at model homes, we would stay in the car. We would get money when they got back. Then we stopped. Then my mom started it up again. If we do our chores every day we would get .50 cents that day. Only for 6 days. So we would get $3 a week, or $2.50, so long as we did our chores. Then my mom stopped it. Darn it! How long will this go on?"
From Chapter 5 "School Days":
"School is really fun. I have always liked school since 1st grade. I work hard and get good grades. I see my friends at school. When you go to school you learn and have fun. Everybody says school is stupid, dumb and boring. I don't think so. At school you have assemblies. At school you also have field trips. You have so much fun!!"
From Chapter 7 "Trips and Travels":
"I have been to a lot of places. I have been to the airport when my dad came back from a big business trip. I even have ridden in an airplane. It was so much fun....I have also been to a ball game and the beach."
Below you can read the last page of my book. :)
Monday, April 21, 2008
"Karly's Life Story"
Posted by Karly at 6:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oh my gosh that was so funny and brought back so many memories. What an awesome thing to share. I think i will do the same.
Hey, do you want to post that small essay I wrote about you...something about being from mars? I could put it on my blog but I think it would be funnier on yours for those who know you.
ps-Click on my profile and check out my new addition. A daily blog titled "1 Thing To Do Today." No need to post on that blog. Read only if you like.
haha AWESOME did you have mrs. bach? or did all the 6th grade classes do that too? you have inspired me to go find mine.
and YES how fun would a rancho reunion dinner party be?!? seriously i'm like already excited. it would prob have to be on a weekend so we could get down there with no traffic, but i am so so in favor of the idea. esp because i've never met your husband or megan's kid lol
that's funny! I love the part about coming home from school and your pets were gone. We'd come home from school and there'd be a cat my mom picked up from somewhere.
And I liked the line, "how long will this go on?"
Karly!
Better late than never: Congratulations on your recent marriage. Your pictures look beautiful. And I LOVE your bangs on that pic on the side bar of your blog! It looks like you are doing great! Come see what I am up to!
Jessica Kolb Munk
themunkfamily.wordpress.com
SOOOOO CUTE! YOu must be so glad you found that little "treasure".
Okay! I caught up after not knowing your blog address for a long time, and then not having time to read it once I did have it. Did that make sense??? Oh well, I love it all.
Post a Comment