Monday, April 28, 2008

My new favorite thing

is.....Reading at the Beach! Today Chris and I went to the beach around 11:30am. It was a beautiful, gorgeous day and we are starting our new tradition of going to the beach every Monday! (I'm off on Mondays and it works perfect, because a whole lot of people aren't... = not a crowded beach!)
I even went in the water, it has warmed up a bit.

Chris spent most of his time catching some waves and I read, read and read some more. I'm reading Twilight again, it's so good the 2nd time.
There is nothing better than reading a good book on the beach, while your husband plays in the water. Yes, this is definitely my new favorite thing.

Tonight we took some charcoal and hot dogs down to the beach by our house and had a good ole fashioned bbq. I almost burned myself when I lit the coals, man that was a blazing fire. And Chris almost burned his tongue when he barbecued a tortilla chip and ate it.
All in all it was a fabulous night. We even got some football throwing in while the hot dogs cooked.

We came back to the house for some family home evening and scripture study, and now I'm blogging. Another perfect day. :) I'm in love, I'm getting some sun on my white skin, I'm reading about other people falling in love, and I got to sleep a lot today... what's not there to make the perfect day?!

1 comments:

Eldredge greatness said...

talk about my favorite thing as well. I love to read at the beach. one thing Ive found is that the beach can easily fit ANY mood that youre in. think about it and you'll see what Im saying if you havent already :)