Friday, April 11, 2008

Nanny and Caterer....

What CAN'T my husband do?

My sister went to Hawaii last week to meet Jason who was working there. They hadn't been back since their honeymoon...over 8 years ago....so she was pretty excited. Well, what will she do with the triplets you say? She calls her sister who hopes that we will watch those boys for 5 DAYS! So we say yes...I know, we're crazy. But Chris is really the true heroe here.
I had to work most of the time, so Chris spent all day with the boys. He tried to get some work done, but it was merely impossible with the boys running around. Haha.
I came home each night around 6:30 and made dinner while he just sat down so tired. He had so much fun during the day, but man it was a lot of work! I was only there for a couple hours before we put them to bed, and I was worn out myself! I think he's so amazing for taking care of them all day. He even remembered to feed them 2 meals. :)
We went to my parent's house for conference and had a lot of help with the boys there. My mom helped so much and it was much appreicated. We knew it would be a lot of work, but I'll admit we didn't know it would be as much as it was. Three 5 year olds running around (they'll be 5 in June, close enough). I have babysat them before, but over the course of a few days was way different.
We learned a few things. First was how amazing my sister Kara is. I have only the slightest idea of what she does as a mom....and I'm still in awe! She is super-mom and it's incredible.
I also saw a side of Chris that I just fell in love with. Watching him with those boys was amazing. One of my favorite times of the weekend was when Chris came home from the priesthood session. He walked in the door and all 3 boys ran to meet him and said his name. He knelt down and hugged them as they climbed all over him. I just sat there loving the boys, and loving my husband all over again.
I have to say I'm glad that we get to start with one child and work our way up to three. I now have a much better appreciation for mother's of multiples. I commend them!! Chris really did amazing, I can't say enough of how incredible he was with those boys. He was so patient and loving. And of course he was the best one to wrestle with them...I don't know if I would have lasted wrestling with those 3!
We sure do miss those boys. It was so sad to leave them. I miss how they stopped whatever they were doing when I walked in the door and I heard them all say over and over, "karly's home...karly's home..karly's home." I even miss the questions, "what are you doing karly? why are you doing that? why? why?" I miss them calling me "uncle karly" in their sweet voices. I miss their laugh and their smile. I miss our dance parties...those kids sure can dance! I miss putting them to bed at night and them asking me to leave the hall light on and not to shut the door "that much." They are so adoreable and so loveable. I love being their aunt, and I can't wait until we get to watch them again.
We might have to get a lot of sleep the night before to get ready for it, but I look forward to it.

For those of you that don't know, aside from working for the photography business, Chris also works for Cannon's Restaurant in Dana Point. He just does it on call and works a few weekends each month. I did catering at BYU for 4 years and just loved every bit of it. So when Chris got this job I was a little jealous at first. :) He has grown to really enjoy it too. And he's incredible at it! His boss loves him and everyone he works with loves him. They were so impressed with him the first time he worked, and he continues to impress them. I'm so proud of him!! And I'm glad he loves it so much. Also...I'm secretly loving the fact that I have him to help me fold pretty napkins at the holiday dinners, set the silverware perfectly straight, and help me get the buffet table rolling! Before I was married I wondered if my husband would ever understand that side of me....and now I have him to enjoy it with me! :)

So this post is dedicated to my hubby. He truly is amazing and I love every minute I get to spend with him. I am overwhelmed at the thought of being with him for eternity....it makes me emotional every time I think about it. I love this man!

5 comments:

Cara Rigby said...

That was such a sweet post...I can't even imagine 3 at one time. Your sister really is amazing :)

MamaT said...

You have a really great husband it sounds like and an awesome sister (having one is enough). I must say the day I find out we are having multiples is the last time I get pregnant.

Megan said...

So sweet!! I'm excited for our husbands to finally meet! Isn't it crazy babysitting for extended time? You really do become grateful for having kids sent to you one at a time... :)

Happy Family said...

I have no words to thank you 2 enough for watching my kids. Chris...you are AMAZING! My kids love you both and still will not stop talking about you and asking where you are and what you are doing.

You both did an incredible thing. I know, I do it every day. I know how exhausting it can be!

THANK YOU a million times.
Hugs and kisses!

Gledtimes said...

Karly, I love all of your posts! What a treat to get to know you better. I think your husband is adorable and handsome too! Love ya, Aunt Darla