First off...today is my brother in law's birthday. Tanner turned 28 today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER!
Friday night Chris and I went to dinner with my friend Laura. She lives in Utah now, but we grew up a few houses down from each other in Rancho Cucamonga. I've known them now for um...wow...just about 19 years. Crazy huh? The only other people I've known that long is my family. :)
Laura loves Mexican food, so we went to El Torito. But her dad doesn't and I just found out that they ate Mexican food with Megan in San Diego, and then again with us for dinner. When I read that I felt bad. :) But he was a trooper and we had a great time catching up. Here are some pics of our lovely evening.
Laura's little daughter is so cute. Chris held her just for the picture below. He's going to be such a cute dad. :)
On Saturday I went to work and got sick so I came home early. I went to sleep at 9:30am and slept until 3pm. I even went to bed early, went to church at 9, came home and slept until 4pm. Then went to bed early again and woke up at 8:30 for work on Memorial Day. And the funny thing? I was still tired?? I don't understand my body.
I watched this TV show once, a few years ago. Where someone did this "experiment" on people's sleep patterns and how much sleep the body needs. They locked someone in a room that had no clocks and no windows. The person didn't know what time of day it was for like a couple weeks (or longer maybe?) And so they slept whenever they were tired, they had no schedule to follow. So the experiment goes that at first the person slept A TON! ALL THE TIME! But then once their body was caught up on sleep they would sleep more regular and only for 7 hours at a time. They said that we are all behind in sleep and if we could only catch up (who has a week to sleep ALL day though?) then we would only need our regular 6-8 hours of sleep each night and never be tired.
Well, I guess I'm still not caught up. I think I'll be behind for the rest of my life. And people wonder why I can't get up after 7 hours of sleep. I'm behind! Now I have facts to base it on from the TV experiment!
So Monday I got off work and came home to shower and get ready. My parents and brother drove down to spend Memorial Night with us. We went to dinner at Wingnuts (or Wings and Nuts according to my cute husband). Then we saw the new Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Oh so good!
Tomorrow is Wednesday and I have the day off work. I think I'm going to sleep in (anyone surprised?) and then go to the beach with Chris. He has to work in the evening so I might enjoy a movie, do a load of laundry and maybe eat some Golden Spoon. What a perfect day.
For those of you with kids, I know I'm going to miss a lot of my precious sleep when I have children. I'm spoiled now and I know it. So I'm not complaining. :) But I still volunteer for that experiment! Lock me in a room for a week and let me sleep as much as I want...kinda sounds nice.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Memorial Weekend and Happy Birthday!
Posted by Karly at 11:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohhhh! My cute family. That was so fun to pull up your blog and see my fam. By the way, I think your hair looks adorable!
So funny! Sleep is love. I love sleep.
Post a Comment