Laura tagged me with 6 random things about myself. I think it's supposed to be 6 anyway. So here goes.
1. When I run an opening shift at work and have to be there at 7am, I have no problem getting up. I wake up on time, jump out of bed, get ready in a jiffy, and am on my way. But if I don't have a scheduled time to be in, and plan on being there at 9 or 10, for the life of me I can't pull myself out of bed. I talk myself into thinking that work doesn't need me that early and I can sleep in another 30 minutes. When I finally stumble out of bed I can barely open my eyes, I grumpily put my suit on, do my hair as slowly as I can, and finally find myself rushing out the door. I just love sleeping in. It's on my top 5 favorite things of all time. I also love staying up late, so unfortunately the two don't go together.
2. When I eat Golden Spoon with toppings I need to save the exact amount of toppings for my last couple of bites. I never finish all the toppings off with the first half of the cup, because then there's nothing left at the end. When I share with Chris I get mad when he eats all the toppings because I'm not eating them on purpose because I'm trying to save them for the end! So I end up getting NO toppings at all and he eats them all.
3. I love my meat well done. Steak, hamburger, you name it. There better not be any pink in there at all or I'll send it back. And I looooove a good steak with tons of A-1 sauce. I think I use half of an A-1 sauce bottle per steak.
4. I love to write. I don't write much anymore, which is a shame because I love it. I started writing poetry when I was in elementary school. My "book of poems" takes up one entire 132 page bound notebook front and back. I entered one poem into a couple of high school contests and I won one of them. My parents have this really embarrassing tape of me reading my poem at an "award reading." Oh boy. Then I learned how to play the guitar at BYU and I started writing songs. I have about 30 songs that I've written. Very few people have been lucky enough to hear me sing them. I don't sing the songs, I just write them. So don't ask. :) I also started writing short stories and essays. Those are some of my favorites, and one of the best ways I know how to express my feelings completely. It's been a few years since I've written anything so maybe I'll give it a try again soon. If you're lucky I'll share some on here, but only if you're really, really lucky. And if it passes the test of being good enough.
5. I love playing the guitar and taking pictures, but those are 2 things that I'm just not as good as I'd like to be. So instead I get frustrated that I'm not as good as I can be, and therefore I don't enjoy it as much. It's a vicious cycle.
6. My dream job would be a public speaker. I would love to go to events and be the keynote speaker. I would love to teach and train a group of people on my idea or topic. I don't care if people know my name, I just want to be able to speak to large groups of people all the time. (The larger the better. I LOVE it!)
I get to tag people now. I tag Heather, Megan, Kara, Cara and Kristen.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Random, Random, Random
Posted by Karly at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I KNEW you would be good at this! I love all the interesting things about you. Especially the Golden Spoon thing. It is so totally you!!
Post a Comment