Monday, September 22, 2008

Parenting Update

Things Kody loves:
1. EATING! We go to the vet today and I bet he has gained 2 pounds in the belly.
2. Barking when Chris says the prayer before we eat.
3. Sleeping with me on my bed before we put him in the crate for the night.
4. Company! Come visit and he'll lick your face off.
5. Eating leaves - he didn't get this from either of us.

Things Kody dislikes:
1. Drinking BEFORE breakfast or dinner, he has to eat first.
2. When I put him in the "bucket" because he ran around in the dirt outside - that's NOT going on my couch. He wrestles around so much that it gets the pieces of sod out of his fur and onto the blanket - 5 minutes later - voila! Clean puppy! He doesn't think it's as exciting.
3. When I stop him from eating leaves.
4. When I scream because he's about to walk into a spider web. That's something I won't be able to save him from.

Today Chris took Kody outside to do his "bizness" and came and sat on the bed with me as we watched him. Here's how it went.

Kody: Sitting on the grass with the most confused look on his face - staring at us through the window.
Karly: "Is he staring at us?"
Chris: "Yes"
Chris: "Kody go potty!" *while snapping his fingers*
Kody: Being defiant, of course, decides to check out some strange movement on the brick. He bends over and sniffs. When he comes up....
Karly: *Screaming*"Aahh! He has a spider on his head!"
Chris: "WHAT? WHAT'S WRONG?"
Karly: HE HAS A SPIDER ON HIS HEAD!!!
Kody: Sitting calmly, looking a little cross eyed as he tried to figure out what was crawling around in between his eyes.
The spider: Crawling all over my baby's head!
Chris: *Jumps off the bed and runs outside to save our son. Or rather runs outside to appease his screaming wife*
Kody: Sees Chris coming and takes off running. He doesn't know what's going on, but none of this sounds or looks good.
Chris: *Finally catches Kody, brushes him off and hands him to me.*
Karly: I'm not touching him. He's going in the bucket. (You can never be too safe)

An hour later...
I take Kody out to go again, and while he's sniffing to find the "perfect" spot, I spot his red little friend! Poor guy had it coming to him - he probably didn't even see the bottom of my shoe before it hit him.

**Side note: The bucket is wide and spacious with a cute blanket in it. It's not as bad as Kody might make it out to be.**

2 comments:

Happy Family said...

I want to see a pic of him in that bucket. I want to verify it is the right size. If I don't get a pick I just might call CPS!

Hizzeather said...

Yeah, we need pics of the bucket!

Great post!