Thursday, October 30, 2008

I finally finished it

This may or may not contain spoilers for those that haven't finished reading the last book yet. I know there have been many that hate it and many that like it. If you don't know what book I'm talking about, then maybe it's time you read them.

I have to admit that I was definitely on the edge of my seat and ready for the big fight. She definitely built us up! It was HUGE let down when all of the sudden I realized that the big build up was for nothing. I felt sort of ripped off. I felt like it wasn't fair. I wanted a fight!
But then I read the last chapter and everything fell into place. I'm glad that she had one more chapter to let her readers down easy. If things had ended after the Volturi left, I'd be way upset. And really, how would YOU have ended it? We always want things to end happily ever after, and there aren't many options on how to do that with this book. She answered all of the questions that could have arised with the last book, and left you with warm fuzzies. So I'm okay with it. I'm glad none of the people I came to love had to die and it just seems fitting that her ending was the right one.

I'm just glad I'm done reading it. I never had the time and sometimes I didn't even have the desire. But the last 2 days I decided it was time, and I'm glad it's over.

5 comments:

Hizzeather said...

How in the HECK did it take you so long to read that????

:)

I loved it too.

Tara said...

Ya I was totally disappointed in the last one too. I was dreading reading it and finishing it. I am glad I did but it was a chore for me. I am excited to see the movie though.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Hey glad you finally finished it. I have come to realize that people either loved it or hated it! I for one loved it in it's own special way but hey, I am a true fan of Mrs Meyer after all. Make sure you get your tickets for the movie now. I already orded mine for the midnight showing in our area!!!!!!!! Check fandango if its avail yet in your area k!

Danny and Kristen Woodbury said...

Hey Karly,
So great to hear from you! Danny and I are still in the Redhill Ward here in Rancho. We live behind the lion's club on Baseline, if that helps. I think I can speak for Danny in saying that it would be great to see you both again! By the way, I absolutely love the Dr. Seuss quote you have on your blog! That's such an awesome way to think about it! :)

KRISTIN BELL said...

I was soooo dissappointed...for once I want the NOT fairytale ending... Bella gets everything she wants... lame.